Wednesday, January 25, 2017

There is a name for that!


The one in the middle is fake!
What is the word for a person who always takes pictures with statues or other inanimate objects? And I mean a word like...hypochondriac (someone who always thinks they are ill) or claustrophobic (doesn't like enclosed places).  I am sure one exists.

However, when you find this word and look it up in the dictionary, I think you fill find a picture of me...with some type of object.  I can't recall when it started, but I know it goes back many years.  Obviously it still continues.  I was scrolling through pictures on my phone the other day and was amazed at how many photos I had just going back six months.  I stopped after that because I just didn't have that kind of time.

A picture is worth a thousand words (or so I have been told).  I remember when I was employed at a utility in Kansas (to remain unnamed), there was a time when Catharine (my trusted assistant) and I took advantage of several photo opportunities to create a story to cheer Marissa up. Do either of you remember?

Business function-boss took pic
Notice the picture I recently came across of my brother dating back to his early twenties.  He obviously had the same "condition".  And now I find myself shamelessly encouraging other family members to join (and enable) me in my affliction.  Where will it all end?

Brother and his pals
While attending business functions (where you would think I could quell the urge) I have asked my co-workers, table mates....heck, even my boss one time, to quickly snap my photo with the object of my desire.

This entire page could be dedicated to various photos of me with (fill in the blank) and that is not a life time achievement....that might cover the past year.  When it comes to still life objects, I know no strangers.

People who know me will tell you that I rely heavily on humor - and I can think of very few exceptions where I would not (or could not) be counted on to behave irreverently.  I like to think in the big picture - it's just part of who I am.

Until next time,
#iheartmannequins


your pal,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence