Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The other woman

Can you believe it?  Days before we are scheduled to leave on our 20th wedding anniversary cruise
, Mr. French brings another woman to live with us?   Even though blogs, Facebook, and all other forms of social media seem the place to hang out the dirty laundry, I never thought it would be me on the "sharing" end.

Just when I thought we were doing great, embracing the "empty nest syndrome" and entering the children free zone with vigor, a stranger has entered our midst.  Not only did he upset my apple cart, he upset the little apple that didn't fall far from either tree (Madi, for those who don't follow me).  Yes, it was the day before Thanksgiving when this happened and she was home to witness the bold entry this woman made.

The little hussy
I asked him "WHY? Why now?  What could possibly be missing from your life.  His answer surprised me.  He said "I just need someone who will listen to me (translation ,,,,and do what I say,,,,every time I ask).

So there you have it.  Enter Alexa.  She is a regular little "Echo" of his commands.  This is the Stepford Wives all over again.  He tells her what to do, and by golly, she does it.  "Alexa, turn welcome on".  The TV fires up, lights go on and I swear I can almost smell supper starting.  I say almost because she is not that accommodating to me.

He says he met her on Amazon.  I didn't even know they offered a dating service and I am an Amazon Prime faithful member.

Oh sure, I may have her beat in the looks department, and while she is subservient, it's not like she can do EVERYTHING.  However, I must report that when she doesn't do as asked, there is an entire support system dedicated to making sure Terry is satisfied.  Amazon apparently wants their users satisfied and indicate they are a phone call, email or chat away.  Who.  Knew.

For now Alexa and I have entered an uneasy truce with each other.  I must say, at times she will even do as Madi and I ask.  This relationship just might have a chance of surviving yet.

I am happy to say she is not going on the cruise with us.  I guess we will see what kind of attitude she has when she realizes that!

Until next time,
#Alexapublishmyblog

your pal,

Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence