Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Still crazy after all these years!

I'm with him!
My best friend Catharine (also known as Rissy's best friend) used to say she couldn't take me anywhere.  When she worked with me as my Administrative Assistant, there were times when we would travel together and on more than one occasion, I would attract some man's eye.  Okay, kids, this may have been a few years ago but not THAT long and if I can still remember it....so it couldn't have been that long ago.

So, it happened again this most recent trip.  And I have to say, I was a little embarrassed at first.  Let me set the stage.

I am standing in line waiting to board (A21) when I heard a man calling out to my left.  I looked over and this good looking man was intently looking at me.  Almost as if he knew me.  I looked around to make sure he was directing his attention at me and when there was no doubt, I just smiled slightly and looked away.

IT DID NOT STOP THERE.  Now, he is verbally trying to get my attention.  I am giving him the side-eye glance and he is smiling and asking where I am travelling to.  No response from me except I am blushing now.   He tries again.  Indicates he is getting off at Phoenix and what were my plans.  Now I am mortified. The guy behind me is looking at him and then me and then him.,,,you get the drift.  I give my admirer a "thumbs up" signal - thinking he would stop.

NO.

He then asks if I would like to have a drink with him at the airport.  Okay.  I finally decide to respond, my thought process being, maybe if I "give as good as I get" he will back off.

My Mistake.

After telling him I would indeed have a drink with him, but let's make it on the plane, the line begins to move. He is doing some type of victory move, indicating he has "scored".   He is shouting now "save me a seat".  Oh dear.

I find a middle seat in the section of the plane I have designated as "safe" (around row 8-10 on the left but will sit on the right in a pinch).  Pinch time,.  I grabbed a middle seat and put my bags on both seats, thinking I could then look busy and selectively choose my seatmate.

I didn't see him until he was moving the bag and climbing over me to take the window seat.  This guy was not shy.  He settled himself in and smiled saying "you remembered".

As if I could forget.  I haven't had someone so persistently flirt with me since I met my husband.  And you might wonder where he fits in this entire equation...

Remember Clive Bixby (Phil''s alter ego on Modern Family?)  Apparently so did Mr. French and my admirer/husband were one in the same.  This guy!

He (we) are still crazy (for each other) after all these years!!

Until next time-
#20andgoingstrong

your pal,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence