Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Still singing my song(s)

As all my kids will attest, there is nothing I like more than singing in the car on long road trips. Okay, truth be told, I will sing in the car for a five-minute drive.  I am also very guilty of playing the same song OVER AND OVER again, for a variety of reasons.  Now, if I am trying to learn the words to a song, of course I need to hear it many times.  Sometimes my OCD nature just locks in on a particular song (due to mood, memories, etc.) and then I might play it the entire way home.

Pretty battered but still plays!
When Madison and I were getting ready to leave for our road trip to Tyler, we talked about our music choices the night before.  The iPhone makes it so easy to have all your music with you and available, but if you didn't buy it from iTunes, your selection won't be as all encompassing.

Enter my first iPod.

I didn't even know what an iPod was nine or ten years ago.  My co-worker Janet had just purchased one and since I was traveling much of the time, she encouraged me to ask for one for my birthday.  So I did...and I was fascinated with all it could do.  It was about an inch thick, and not only could I download songs from iTunes, but I could also transfer CD's on to this little gem.  I could also listen to books and watch movies.  It was a portable entertainment center.

Since the original iPod has come out, there have been sleeker, more intuitive versions, however since my old one has well over 3,000 songs, I was loathe to give it up.

It has been on a charger up in my office for the longest time (as I said before, the iPhone just makes it too easy) but I grabbed it for the road trip we were going on.  WHAT A JOY THAT HAS BEEN!

There are songs (and artists) that I had totally forgotten about until the song popped up in the queue.  Amazingly, the words to these songs (some which date back 40+ years) roll out of my mouth as if I have been singing them daily.  Don't ask me what I had for lunch yesterday or who I had lunch with....but start a song that I knew oh so many years ago, and I am BACK!

I have been back from the road trip for three days, however, I am still dialing my way around the plethora of songs I have at my fingertips (literally).

While I don't know (or remember) everything, I am confident that if I have heard the song before (and liked it)....I can sing it!

Until next time,
#isitliveormemorex??

your song leader,
Kari






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence