Wednesday, July 20, 2016

It's a habit now...

So, who knew me (Kansas folks speak up) when I believed that Halls D lozenges (with echinacea and zinc) could cure anything up to and including, some cancers?  Every time I felt a sniffle coming on, a slight sore throat, tightness in chest, etc. I would start my regime of these specific Halls D up to the maximum of four times per day.  It wasn't so ingrained that I set an alarm at night, but I did manage to get the daily dosage.

Yummy! (#OCD)
When I moved to Texas, the stores down here did not carry that specific type.  For longer than I care to remember, I had friends in Kansas (fellow believers?) sending me Halls D care packages to get keep me alive and healthy.  Eventually I got over this particular vice, but in a conversation with my BFF Jessica, I realized how many new ones I acquired.

Tell me I am not alone.

Surely I am not the only one who shakes their hands thirteen (13) times after washing them?  This began after reading an article about how one could reduce the amount of paper used to dry hands after washing,.(think one square instead of three or four), I was in.  To this day, I am "shaking away" every time I wash my hands.  Just doing my part to save this planet.

That's not all.  Does anyone know what Maca powder is?  Fortunately, I read about it in an article that talked about several things that SHOULD be in your diet but probably aren't.  I am pleased to say that I was already indulging in Chia seeds and Flaxseed.  Do not confuse Chia with the plant type pets you can buy of your favorite Presidential candidates.  Long story short, now both Terry and I partake of Maca Powder (black for him, red or yellow for me) on a daily basis.  He is not as enthusiastic about this as I am, but how could I benefit alone?

But wait, there's more.  Organic apple cider vinegar has soooo many types of health benefits.  Yes, this is now in my daily routine - I even use a shot glass to deceive myself into thinking it burns all the way down....much like tequila, but without the side effects (both positive and negative).

Have I forgotten anything?  Well, I think EVERYONE probably already starts their day with a steaming hot cup of lemon water.  Oh, the benefits are too numerous to mention here, but I know you will want to google this "hot" topic.

The maca powder comes before my 5:00 am workout, followed by the hot lemon water as I get ready for the day.  Because we already know that working out before the day starts boosts metabolism, energy, etc.

Except for the weekly frozen margarita (or two) I think that covers my main habits (you already know I count everything so no need to mention that particular behavior again).  And while no medical documentation exists regarding the medicinal benefits of the margarita, I prefer to be ahead of the curve on this one.  It will happen.

I believe you can find my picture in the dictionary under Obsessive Compulsive behavior (but not severe enough to require medication....just cooperation).

Until next time,
#alwaysimproving

your pal,
Kari

P.S. I still only eat Jolly Time Crispy White & Light popcorn.  Also not carried at my local grocer but thankful for quarterly deliveries via Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence