Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Yahtzee...the new Ashley Madison?

My husband and I haven't left the bedroom since Christmas night.  Before you go down the wrong road completely, he and I are enjoying a bout of pneumonia and bronchitis simultaneously and this bedroom looks and sounds like a hospital quarantine zone.  Nothing to see here, folks.

International "player:
Mr. Originality
What does that have to do with Yahtzee?  Or dating sites for that matter?  I AM BORED!  My head hurts so I can't concentrate on my normal vices (reading and knitting).  Terry and I have watched entire seasons of Law and Order and Quantico.  Between drug induced sleep (albeit complete with coughing fits that keep the neighbors awake...sorry mom), I am trying to pass the time with my mini entertainment center - remember the Kphone!

I love a good Yahtzee game and have become more involved than I care to admit with the tournaments and opportunities to win "custom" dice, etc.  Sister Nori and I have confessed to spending real money for pretend prizes....seriously, sometimes you need those extra rolls to make it to a whole new level.  But I digress.

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, Yahtzee with Friends is just a clever guise for people, single and married, to try and chat a person up while the game is going on.  It all goes back to real life for me.  I may smile at a stranger, make solid eye contact, even exchange pleasantries, but if I am invited to play a game of Yahtzee, truly that is all I am looking for.

It all starts innocently enough (sometimes!).  My Yahtzee partner might say "good game".  Okay.  I don't want to be rude.  I try to acknowledge that.  Generally not in words because I don't like to encourage anyone, but everyone knows my love of emoticons.  That might elicit a "smiley face" or a "thumbs up".  And sometimes it ends right there.  We continue playing with no more "chat" between us.

But how about the ones I get that start out admiring my photo?  Believe me, it's nothing to win any awards.  And then the hard hitting questions.  You married?  Where u at?  (real life quote).  Thinking I was nipping one particularly aggressive player in the bud (so to speak) I answered yes to the married question.  He doesn't stop there.

Hence the comparison to the Ashley Madison website.  I learned of it when it recently went public with much bad press.  My question to you is  - could the Yahtzee with Friends be a clever guise to allow the continued activities of the cheaters...all while they may enjoy a game of dice?

Doesn't give up easy!
Now, I have felt compelled to share some of the rather blatant messages with my sister (proof that I don't make these things up).  My niece shared a photo of one Yahtzee player who invited her to a game.  Unfortunately, he had failed to get dressed before posing for the camera.  Another sister tells me she creates different persona's when asked intimate questions.  I just can't do that without fear of blowing my cover.  When I was in sixth grade, my dream job was to be in the FBI and while I have a great poker face, my deceitful face leaves much to be desired,

One could argue it is easier to lie when hiding behind a computer screen.  I get that.  But I JUST WANT TO WIN THE HIGHEST REWARDS AT YAHTZEE.  To do that, you have to expand your games beyond your family.  Hence the name, Yahtzee with Friends,

I even have one Yahtzee stalker.  He keeps changing his name but then tells me, Hey- it's me again. DEAR LORD.  For the record, I have NEVER responded to him,

I don't know everything but this much I know for sure - I love a quick game of Yahtzee.  That is a game with six dice which allows three rolls per turn.  There are 13 turns per game.  If "Yahtzee" is code for anything else, COUNT ME OUT.

Until next time,
#takingmychance

your pal,

Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence