Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Text support

Please be responsible.
On every website I visit, there is some type of "tech support" hoping to help me complete my order, answer my questions or take my money.  I can do a "live chat" for instant gratification and any mysteries will be solved at that time.  We also have "tech support" for work related issues with our computers.  If a problem crops up, they are only an email (and priority ranking) away from coming to my rescue.

But today I want to talk about "text support".  This is a little known service that I enjoy on a daily basis.  Generally, the service is supplied by a daughter, sister or "know your audience" friend, who is only a text away when the moment of support occurs.

I have several examples of "text support".  Let's say I am in a meeting that appears as if it will last forever, or at least until my next birthday.  What better time then the present to text whoever is available (sometimes you have to send out several texts to different people before you reach support) to make random remarks about how your life force is beating out of you because of said meeting. Text support quickly will send funny emoticons, irreverent remarks and possible solutions that will now distract you from the pain of boredom.

Hard truths come out..
Next situation.  You are at a family gathering that is A) going south quickly or B) unbelievably ridiculous.  You quickly reach out to "text support" to A) report on said happenings and garner support or validation - whichever is needed or B) subtly snap photos of action shots to attach with random captions for your "text support" viewing pleasure.  Again, while you were once alone, you now have a silent partner in your inappropriate behavior during all stages.

Another great opportunity for "text support" always happens at the airport.  Where else can you play fashion police, stylist commentator or parent of the year judge then with your trusty photography abilities and the "text support" partnership.  Hours of waiting for your flight can be wiled away making entertaining observations of your surroundings.   Keep your ears open for classic quotes.

When you need advice
Of course, I must mention that appropriate equipment is needed to be a text buddy.  Because, if you expect to receive "text support" you also must be ready, willing and able to return the favor.  My go to companion is my IPhone 6s which must be fully charged at all times.  I recommend (and confess to owning) a portable charger so you are always prepared to respond.  My little KPhone (as I call it) has texting capabilities along with a great camera that will not let you down.

I don't know everything but this is what I do know.  I NEVER want to be without the ability to reach out and "text" someone again.   Phone calls are nice, but not always an option.  An expert text buddy can subtly send messages ALL DAY LONG.  And one more thing, they can be used to convey actual information, too.....I mean, if you want to.


Until next time,
#textmeifyouwantin

your pal,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence