Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas time is here!!

Today all Madi and I did (besides a hair cut and laundry) was lay around and recoup from the hours of sleep we missed over the past four days.  We just got back from a whirlwind trip to Kansas City where we enjoyed an early Christmas with our family in Kansas and Missouri.  The time always goes by so quickly but we while we are there, we fill our waking hours with memories that will last us until the next time we are all together!

After arriving WAY LATE on Friday night (let's call it early Saturday morning) we spent our first day with the French side of the family (not nationality - just name).  This was a fun day of playing with the grandsons (Dawson-3 and Colten-5). Actually, at their ages (and energy levels) it is more of a spectator sport.  But I did score freewill hugs and (albeit reluctant) kisses.  My DIL (daughter-in-law) always hosts an amazing day and this year was no different.  We reconnected with son Mike, daughters Marissa, Julie and Megan and of course, little Averie and the older grandsons, Ethan and Nathan.  Madi's best friend and my daughter by another mother (and father) Kenadee, always joins us and spends the night.  By days end, I was running on fumes!

Day Two had us travelling to Topeka for our annual Bunco Party at Grandma Sheila's,  So happy to see my sisters Nori and Lori along with niece Rachael.  Marissa's beau, Noah joined us and then the same partners in crime from Day One (Marissa, Megan, Ethan, Nathan, Madi ...and did I mention her boyfriend, Robert traveled with us to KC for this trip)....and ME.  Mom was also there as she joined us for our trip and had been staying with Lori.  We had three Bunco tables going, the noise level was VERY high and the food level was weight inducing.  I won a prize (most losses)!   We spent the night in Topeka and had a great time visiting with Sheila and Jr.  Finished off the visit with breakfast at Cracker Barrel Monday morning (thanks Grandpa)!

Monday and Tuesday were repeat visits with all those mentioned above.  No snow this time in the Midwest which was okay by me.  Since I am coming up on my fifth anniversary in Texas, I tend to prefer a warmer holiday season.  

Once we boarded the plane for Austin (via Dallas) I fell asleep almost immediately. Granddaughter Averie likes to start her mornings early, and I was not going to miss one minute  (I can sleep later...and I did).

Back in Texas as we enjoy this holy week, we will look back and give thanks for the opportunity to see all of our kids and grand kids during this Christmas season.  

And we will remember, the reason for the season!

Blessings to all this Christmas time,

Until next time,
#jesusisthereason

your pal,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence