Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Some days my life sings like a country song

Ever have one of THOSE days?  I know we all do.  Karen Carpenter wrote about one of mine this week ....you know the one, "Rainy days and Mondays"...The only difference was, I refused to let it get me down.  And believe me, it was trying to go down hill fast!

You know you are facing a challenge anyway when you have a dental appointment scheduled at 7:30 am to replace two fillings.  My reaction to those numbing shots usually lasts until noon at least.  They did not disappoint me this time.  Since the fillings in question were both on the upper left, you all can imagine how my face looked; like it was frozen on just the one side.  Delightful.  But that was the least of my worries.

I was just settling in with the pre-numbing gel when I got the first text from Madi.  "Do you know where Dad's car keys are?"  Side note:  Madi needed the car, so she would be taking her dad to work after a quick Dr. appointment.  And great news - I did know where those keys were.  IN MY PURSE!

Sigh.  Madi replied.  "Dad is really mad".

Yes.  I imagine he was.  But I came up with a quick solution.  Since Tyler was there, I thought Terry could use his truck to run Madi to Dr. and then head on to work.  I would then drive my car to his work, leave it there, drive Tyler's truck back to the house and give Madi the missing car key.  She could then take me to work and everyone would be back in business.  Problem solved.

Not so fast there, Missy.  Apparently something got lost in the translation so it ended up that Tyler ended up on this little joyride also.

While I was enjoying the "all you should feel is the slight vibrations" of the dental experience my phone was receiving the slight vibrations of more incoming messages.

As I was leaving, I looked down to see a few missed messages and now an incoming call.  Uh-Oh.

Madi now reported that as they were all leaving the doctor's office and heading to Mr. French's office, Tyler's truck had a blow-out.  Did I mention yet that it was raining?  Hard?  Madi suggested that I make my way over to the highway where they were parked and pick up Mr. Unhappy (er) and get him to work posthaste.

When I picked him up, I went for the cheerful, "hi, I'm here" approach.  Sigh.  Apparently, with all the rain, that ship had sailed.  And only half my face was doing the cheerful look anyway.

That was one.long.quiet.ride to the office.

Total damages for the day were $1,000 for Tyler's tires (two were ruined so he just replaced all), Based on Terry's mood, the day had to be a total loss for those working with/for him, and I didn't get to work until almost 10:00 a.m.

HOWEVER - since we don't know what harm we were protected from by having all those things go awry, and my smile was fully intact by noon (1pm at the latest) and Madi and I secretly were laughing about it (even as I half-smiled and drove away with Mr. Unhappy) - we will call it a blessed day!

Until next time,
#allsmiles

your pal,
Kari

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence