Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Is that FOR REAL?

Here again lately I seem to be having trouble differentiating between reality and fiction.  Remember that old commercial..."Is it live or is it memorex?"  The sound was so good, you couldn't tell if the performance was live or a recording.  Apparently, (again) this is becoming a theme I am marching to on a frequent basis.

When did I first notice it reoccurring?  Well, good question.  How can I be sure?  Maybe it's been going on for a much longer time than even I am aware and I just thought whatever it was (we'll get to that in a moment), was real.....or not!

It looks so REAL!
My first run-in (literally and recently) was when I tried to walk through a screen door.  I swear I thought it was clear sailing until I bounced back. Who can't see a screen door?  I might cop to walking into a glass door in my past (which is why I walk with my hand out in front of me when I am around big plate glass windows and doors) but a screen???  Really??

Next peculiar incident was when I watered my plant last week.  As usual, I over-watered it, as evidenced by water running out on the table so I moved it on the ledge to get some sun and dry out.  After a few days, when the water was still evident, I tried to move the rocks around to allow for better drainage. THEY WERE GLUED TO THE INSIDE OF THE POT.  That is because the PLANT IS ARTIFICIAL.  Of course it is.  How long have I had that thing?  (On a positive note, this plant is going to last a long time with me!)

Then there is me sitting at a table with family and new friends.  I enter into an animated conversation with the guy across from me.  He keeps repeating the question and I continue to answer, louder and more insistent until Madi taps me on the shoulder and between guffaws, tells me the very real conversation I am having, doesn't involve me.  WHY??   We both dissolved into VERY REAL LAUGHTER.


Face paint is so unnecessary
I am proud to report I have quit answering the voices in the bathroom (not talking to me REALLY) and I don't feel compelled to wave at everyone I see waving now (been burned on that a time or two). I continue to smile at most everyone (and I can tell who returns a REAL smile) and I am thankful that clowns are NOT REAL.

Throughout the years I have learned that love isn't always real, not even all friendships or promises, but this is what I know for sure.  When I find love that is real, or a friendship that lasts throughout the years, I nurture that love and friendship just like I do my plants (be they real or not).

Until next time,
#I'msmilingatyou(really)
#bewareoftheclowns


your pal,
Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence