Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Is there a list for that?

Before I go shopping, I generally try to make a list of what I need to buy.  Don't get me wrong, I am by no means bound by this list.  There are some weeks that I find more in the cart that wasn't on the list, then was on.  My DIL Lisa has husband Mike do the shopping.  I often wonder how I would fare reversing this role.  Grocery shopping is a whole experience for me.  There are only certain times I like to go, I always park in the same general area; I enter the store from the same doors every time so I can "work" the store from left to right.  There is truly a method to my madness.  Even with my OCD, I don't feel compelled to go down every row (although I do reserve that right).  How would I know if my husband did it right, if I sent him.  And don't get me started on my preferred brands.

After some thought, I made a list of all the things I keep lists on and it is not just going grocery shopping.  I love lists.  One might say they are a main stay of my existence.  There are my daily lists, weekly lists, monthly lists, seasonal lists and lists for such thought provoking exercises as these.

My calendar (which I live by) is really just a glorified list of what I need to do on a high level basis every day.  Then once I get to work, I might jot down a few items I would like to accomplish.  But wait, don't those items need to be prioritized.  That would be a special priority list (if one is called for).  I just noticed next to my phone is my list of frequently called numbers.  On that list (which at one time was neatly typed) there are pencil scrawls of late entries ...or just doodles while I was on the phone.

I also print out my weekly calendar which is a BIG list of my week at a glance.  In respect for the trees, I tend to just pencil in additions (until the doodling gets too bad).  Out of the corner of my eye, I just saw my birthday list for the year, hanging on the edge of my computer.  Not to be confused with my monthly birthday list that I keep at home.

I love seasonal lists - that would include my Christmas card lists, my Christmas gifts bought list, my Christmas gifts yet to be bought list and who they are intended for  (a most coveted list to be on for sure!)

Did I mention my wish list?  I keep that on my Amazon kindle because I don't want to take a chance on forgetting all the books I want to read.  Now, that is kept separate from the 2015 book to movie list I track along with the nieces and sister (Daves family).  This is year two for that commitment and I have to tell you there is strategy involved.

I wish right now that I had an index of all my lists but I will have to add that to my list of things to create so I will be better organized if and when we discuss this again.

Until next time,
#checkingthisoffthelist
#Iheartlists

and fun paper!

your pal,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence