Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Everybody's working for....VACATION!!!!!!

Today was my first day of vacation.  I know, some of you may be confused because you are wondering...how can you take vacation if you aren't gainfully employed?  Well, let's start first with the definition of "gainfully employed".  Granted, I am not drawing a paycheck at regular intervals.  All this means to me is I am working for free because my time seems to be filled on a daily basis with meaningful activity.  My activities are diverse and time consuming.  For example, let's take a look at the first couple of days of this week (prior to vacation).

Monday - I started this day (and week)  by preparing breakfast for my family.  This allowed us to start our day by breaking bread and praying together which is something we have been enjoying regularly since I relocated to this new type of "employment".  Following Terry and Madi's departure, I have kitchen clean-up, bed making, and general straightening up around the house.  On this particular Monday, I had an appointment I needed to be at by 1 p.m. (okay - so it was a massage) followed by picking Madi up at school by 3:00 for a dual immunization appointment for her as she prepares for her mission trip coming up in two weeks (yes, I am counting down the days now-there is much to do).  A quick supper and it's back to school for a meeting at 7:00 p.m. regarding same mission trip.  Not to mention the stop for my Sonic following the massage so that I could stay hydrated!

Tuesday - up at 5:20 a.m. for boot camp with hubby (he still hasn't quite forgiven me for signing him up to participate also).  JUST FOR THE HEALTH OF IT!!.  6:30 and we are through and it's time for me to get those eggs scrambled...breakfast isn't going to fix itself.  Basic clean-up again following meal, but this time it's an appointment downtown at 10:30 a.m. followed by a board meeting from 12:-1:30 p.m.  By the time I get home around 2:30 (Sonic stop....not going to lie)  I have just a short while to prepare for a 3:30 p.m. conference call and then it's time to get supper in the oven - I like to have it on the table by 5:45 p.m.  Daughter Riss is due to arrive later in the evening and I want clean-up done early.

Does this sound like a life of leisure to you?  Where was pool time in all of this?  That's right.  I need to be on vacation to enjoy life without appointments and that started today.  However, just like when I was "working", I can't seem to get this done without interruption.  I managed to reply "yes" to a committee I serve on which will meet tomorrow afternoon from 3:00-4:30 (old habits die hard).  I am trying for Friday without interruption. 


This is the life!
Lessons to be learned from this:
#companyequalvacation!
#Ilovecompany!
#limitedavailabilitybooknow!

Until next time,
#unemploymentdoesnotequalleisure

your pal,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence