Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dreams...where unfinished business is handled

I remember my dreams almost every night.  When I ask other people about their dreams, I get mixed reviews.  Some say they never dream, some dream vividly and others are six of one, half dozen of the other.  Where do you fall?  My dreams tend to tie back to my reality somehow.  Kind of like the best lies....those are the ones that always have a bit of truth to them.

I have had a dream with a common theme lately.  I have now been away from the workforce for two months.  Since I left my long term career rather suddenly, I recently began having consistent dreams which involved me trying to tie up the loose ends I must feel I didn't finish in real life.  Being a Type A personality with just enough of an OCD problem to acknowledge the issue but avoid medication, this does not surprise me.  (Some who know me might also toss in control issues).   The dreams started out with me showing up at the job, (various locations) even though I didn't actually work there anymore and actually sneaking in....all this to accomplish an assignment or talk to someone I thought might need some help.  I am smiling as I type this because in the dream while I wasn't scaling walls or picking locks to get back "inside", there was some stealth to my approach. (I like that about the dream).  At first when people saw me, they would whisper to each other and I would overhear "she's not supposed to be here", yet - no one would stop me.  I have never been a threat. 

The dreams always leave me thoughtful and soon evolved to people actually helping me come in, approaching me with questions and letting me help them finish projects that needed closing.  There was no expectation of pay or acknowledgement that I was even there but soon a space to work was available and I was called to meetings when needed.  It was a "truce" if you will.  An unspoken agreement from top to bottom that acknowledged a need for closure on both sides.

The most recent dream was me actually cleaning out a few cabinets and leaving things in an orderly fashion.  I took a few calls and felt good about how things looked as I left.  Perhaps the dreams are finished now.

It's interesting - the business of dreams.  Sometimes they can be quite bizarre, soothing, bring back a memory or two, terrifying, or they can be a work in progress - but I still think...like the best lies...there is always a little truth to them.

Yesterday I heard an interesting statement.  "Truth fears no questions."

I will ponder that now.

Until next time,

All my best -
Kari



2 comments:

  1. I dream very vividly, but only sometimes remember them. Lately I've been having these dreams where i get very scared and try to scream but no sound will come out. usually something with a bit of truth (or at least possibility) is happening, like someone broke into my house and is walking up to me in bed, but i can't scream and i can't move my legs. and it always gets to the point where i'm almost awake but can't wake up enough to actually scream, even though i want to. any insight?

    ps. I miss you Kari and love reading your blog. please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Caterino, I miss you, too. Here is what I say about the type of dream you just described. Sometimes I find that dreams can be subtle. The truth we seek can be hidden in the way the dreams present themselves. So, if you remove the unrealistic part of the dream- by God's Grace (someone breaking in and walking up to you) and look at what is physically happening with you, here is what I feel. You feel trapped. You can't move or speak even though you want to. Having said that, I would evaluate what might be going on that could require you to make a decision, or a move and take it from there.

      Delete

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence