Friday, January 31, 2014

What will the New Year bring?

We never imagine, from one year to the next, how many changes can take place that will impact our life.  These changes can be health related, family related, job related....any of them can happen in the blink of an eye, the ring of a telephone, a moment's notice and then we are left wondering what to do next.  No one is spared in this life from times like these and sometimes a heavy dose of reality is doled out in meaningful measures.

Are you still recovering from last year?  Or did you manage to arrive at New Year's door relatively unscathed?  It's truly subjective or in the eye of the beholder.  I never say "it can't get any worse than this" because we all know that it can.  And remember from earlier posts and for those of you who truly know me, I am half full (sometimes to the point of being annoying).

Today we are at the last day of the first month of the New Year and I can only report one loss for certain...and since it was holiday weight, I am quite pleased to report that.  Now I might not want to speak on that subject immediately following our Super Bowl party so allow me a little grace.

This New Year brings new adventures for me.  I have fallen into a routine I am comfortable with.  I still get up to the ringing of an alarm (although it is set as a last resort since no one should sleep past nine on a weekday).  I spend quality time reflecting over a hot cup of tea every morning and devotions prior to an invigorating workout.  This blog is testimony that I still know how to use my computer and am proud of it as I like to spend time reaching out, checking emails, etc. I will say their are a few moms at school who now know me as Madi's mom (first time in several years).  I am not sure but they may have thought Terry was a single parent.  I cook daily, bake weekly and have at least one lunch outing every week as well.  I have also been asked to serve on a local board and am considering a second.

I don't know how long I can keep up this pace but until I drop one of the balls I am juggling, I am doing the best I can.

Did I mention I am teaching Madi to drive?

Until next time,

All my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence