Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The window was finally left open...

I know we have all heard that saying, "when God closes a door, he opens a window."  However, in this particular case, things happened a little differently.  God kept opening the window but leaving the door open a crack.  It was like, I can still enter and leave either way so to me that translated to options.  I love options and will play them like a nickel slot machine.  What I didn't think about was how out of shape I was.  Every week traveling to go to this particular "room" practically killing myself jumping over the furniture, climbing out the window one day and walking straight in through the door another.  Sometimes I received a "she-ro's" welcome for good things done and other days I was a ghost.  There were a few days when, once I was inside the room, I really couldn't remember if I had just come in,  or was ready to get out, but one thing I was catching on to very quickly....I wanted to avoid the "room" at all possible costs.  The day I finally walked in the room for the last time, several things happened to prepare me for the final visit.

The heavens opened up and my life flashed slowly before my eyes.  Okay, that's not true but it would have been cool.  No, but a very definite date and time for me to come was set up and that was different.  And then it was confirmed.  Do you see the door closing?  Do you wonder how I even fit through it one last time?    Me too, but I did.  So the good thing was - I was prepared.  Now might be an appropriate time to mention I am a "half-full" type of person.  It works for me.

And when that door shut behind me, it was definitely shut.  There was no need for me to turn around and check the handle.  If God thought I had a little trouble catching on before, I certainly didn't let the door hit me on the way out...as that saying goes.  The rush of air created propelled me through that open window and right back to Austin where I went from Board room to kitchen responsibilities in the blink of an eye.  No app on the phone to give me 21 days to go from executive potato to "stay at home mom" extraordinaire.  Something, I realized I had never been.  Yet there it was and here I am.

But as I sit back and reflect on these past 24 years and share lessons learned, there are many things I had never done (before I did them) and I expect there will be many more new things to learn.  Because as I mentioned before, the window was finally left wide open, and this insider....got out.

Until we meet again...best regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks (in) Giving Giving (in) Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving.  Almost considered a designated time of year, we all like to gather as a family in a variety of celebrations  (sometim...

Never a dull moment; Look past the water stains; This is out of order, there is no coincidence